Are You Registered to Vote?
Are You Registered to Vote in Town Elections?
Are you registered to vote in Town elections? You can find out easily by checking this LIST of names. If your name is included, you are registered and eligible to vote in Town elections.
If your name is not on the list, please download and complete the printable registration application form by CLICKING HERE. Mail your completed and signed form and your supporting documentation to:
Town of Dewey Beach- Election, P.O. Box 1420, Rehoboth Beach,DE. 19971
or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be registered at least 30 days prior to an election in order to vote in that upcoming election. Registration continues for future years unless your qualifications change. See voter-eligibility requirements below.
For assistance or more information, contact the Board of Elections through Town Hall 302-227-6363 or 877-227-6331.
Who is eligible to vote?
Town Charter and Code define an eligible voter as a person eighteen years of age or older, who:
- Is a bona fide resident and domiciliary of the Town of Dewey Beach, or
- Is an owner of real property within the Town, or
- Holds a lease for five years or more on property within the Town, provided that the lease is recorded with the Sussex County Recorder of Deeds and a copy of the sections of the lease that identify the parties to the lease and the effective and termination dates of the lease is on file at Town Hall, or
- Is both a settler/creator and trustee of a valid trust that is the owner of real property located within the Town. A copy of the sections of the trust document showing the identity of the settler/creator(s) and trustee(s) of the trust and the trust's ownership of the real property, as recorded with the Sussex County Recorder of Deeds, must be on file at Town Hall.
- Is registered in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 48, Voter Registration and Voting, of the Municipal Code of the Town of Dewey Beach.
Eligible voters may vote by voting machine on Election Day or by absentee ballot obtained prior to Election Day.
If voting by absentee ballot, DO NOT DELAY. An application must be submitted and approved in order to receive an absentee ballot. Deadlines apply.