During the Season
The following are rules that should be followed when using the beach facilities in the Town of Dewey Beach.
- Always check with a lifeguard on current surf and weather conditions
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- The beach is closed from 1:00 AM to 5:30 AM.
- No dogs are allowed on the beach from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM, during the Summer season (May 15 to September 15). Dogs are allowed on the beach at all times during the day from September 16 to May 14. You must clean up after your dog at all times, and all dogs must have a Dewey Beach dog license that can be obtained from Town Hall located at 105 Rodney Ave.
- No surf fishing within 100 feet of bathers from 10 AM to 5 PM.
- Glass containers are prohibited at all times.
- Beach fires and/or special events require a permit at all times.
- Volleyball play is restricted to designated areas only. These areas include: (see recreational facilities map).
- Sport activities may be restricted on weekends and holidays.
- Launching boats and swimming to and from boats from 10 AM to 5 PM is prohibited.
- Surfing and skim boarding is prohibited with 100 feet of a swimmer or beach goer.
- Littering is prohibited
For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors to Dewey Beach, respect the authority of your lifeguards and the services they may provide you.