Construction Rules & Hours
Contractors: You may work from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. weekdays, year-round. Work is permitted on Saturdays from 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. commencing September 16th and extending through May 14th.
SUNDAY WORK IS PROHIBITED YEAR-ROUND.
No pile driving from 6:00 P.M. on the Thursday before Memorial Day until 8:00 A.M. on the Tuesday after Labor Day (as observed).
The exception permitting Saturday work during the off-season does not apply to pile driving and demolition activities requiring a demolition permit.
No work on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Construction activities are permitted on the following holidays provided that the activity is performed inside an enclosed structure and creates no noise disturbance:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Columbus Day
- President's Day
- Veterans' Day
Homeowners: You may work from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. weekdays, year-round. You may work weekends and holidays from 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
- All job sites must have trash containers.
- NO materials or trash containers in the street right-of-way.
- Site must be secured during high wind conditions.
- County and Town Building Permits must be conspicuously displayed.
- NO Port-a-Johns without a Town Permit.