Freedom of Information Act
PURSUANT TO THE DELAWARE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT TITLE 29 Del. Chapter. 100
§10003 Examination and copying of public records.
(h) The public body shall respond to a FOIA request as soon as possible, but in any event within 15 business days after the receipt thereof, either by providing access to the requested records, denying access to the records or parts of them, or by advising that additional time is needed because the request is for voluminous records, requires legal advice, or a record is in storage or archived. If access cannot be provided within 15 business days, the public body shall cite 1 of the reasons hereunder why more time is needed and provide a good-faith estimate of how much additional time is required to fulfill the request.
If you do not receive a receipt of your request to the email address provided within 1 full business day, please call Dewey Beach Town Hall at 302-227-6363.
PUBLIC ACCESS RECORD INFORMATION
- Any citizen of Delaware may have access to public records for purposes of inspection and copying pursuant to the terms of these regulations and pursuant to Delaware's Freedom of Information Act (29 Del. f. Chapter 100).
- Inspection and copying of public records may take place only during the regular business hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Requests shall be in writing on the FOIA Request Form.
- The Town reserves the right to refuse access to any records which do not constitute "public records" under 29 Del. f. S 10002.
- Public records which are in active use or in storage will be provided as promptly as possible.
- At no time shall public records be removed from the Town Hall.
- Persons requesting copies of public records shall pay the following
(a) No cost for the first 20 black and white pages. $0.10 for each additional page.
(b) No charge for the first hour of administrative time.
(c) Fees for the copying of tapes, photographs, or any other public record not subject to photocopying shall be the actual cost of reproduction. Specific arrangements must be worked out with the Town Manager.
The form for submission of a request is available for download; click FOIA Form. Please mail the form to: 105 Rodney Ave. Dewey Beach, DE 19971 or Fax to: 302-227-8319
To view Delaware Freedom Of Information Act manual, please click HERE
To submit your form online, CLICK HERE to request information from the town under provisions of the Freedom of Information Act.